Friday, April 1, 2011

Mom's are SUPER!


I have so much to say and so little room to write it all down.
                        Mother’s Day is different for all of us. For some of us it reminds us of those who have gone on from this life. For some of us that is a sad memory and for some of us that is a happy memory. For others of us this day reminds us of our mother’s that are living. Again for some of us that is sad and for some of us that is a happy thought. Even still some of us have wives who are mom’s and this makes it a special day for them. And it can also be sad for those families that are not together.
                        Wow, what an introduction to Mother’s Day. But too often I think we get a naïve look at Mother’s Day, if you have a great Mom or Mom’s or wife then you think everyone must enjoy Mother’s Day, but that is not always the case.
                        I love my Mom. She is a hard worker. She taught me a lot about persistence and never giving up. She taught me how to cook, how to clean and how to study when I didn’t want to late at night after basketball practice. My mom is a very giving person. She has given 35 years to Hardee County Schools as a teacher and even a few more being my Mom. I don’t know which has been harder for her, some days I think I know all to well the answer to that question, me!
                        My Mom loves to cook for other people. She loves to garden and she loves to talk about education. My mom has always made me a cake for my birthday whenever I’ve asked for a specific cake she would make it and it has always been GOOD!
                        I thank God for my Mom.
                        My step-Mom is another wonderful lady in my life.
                        My step-Mom has always been a sweet lady. She also gave me 5 brothers and 1 more sister. She also love my Dad.
                        My step-Mom is also a hard worker. She taught me a lot about caring for others. She always has been a good listener and caretaker for people. She too is a good cook. My step-Mom also taught me about perseverance as she went back to school after having 4 boys and got her A.A. degree. What dedication and determination she has.
                        My step-Mom has never really been a step to me, she has always been more Mom than step.
                        Her smile lights up the room when her children are home, her hugs are as big as I am and her love is always nearby.
                        I thank God for my other Mom.
                        My wife is now a Mom. We didn’t know if she ever would be a Mom. There were some tough Mother’s Days around our house. But God blessed us with two children 8 years ago.
                        My wife is everything wonderful. She is my everything.  She is a great Mom. I love watching her and my kids laugh and play.
                        She is a good cook too. She is also a very hard worker. She takes great pride in being Katherine and JT’s Mom. And they love their Mommy. I could go on and on about all the wonderful things she does for our kids but, you would fall asleep. Seriously she is an amazing woman.
                        I thank God for my wife being a Mom. And  thank God for my wife.
                        Please don’t take this column as me being conceited talking about my Mom’s and my wife, but read it and think about your Mom or your wife and thank God for them. Good or bad thank God, because they were their to teach you something about Him whether they thought or you thought they were, that is why they were there.
                        If for no other reason enjoy Mother’s Day for that. Enjoy Mother’s Day knowing God is at work in you life. Sometimes your Mother is there to be a shining example of God’s love in your life. Take time to be thankful and Happy Mother’s Day.

( I haven’t done this in a while but several of you are requesting shout out’s so here’s to Todd and Dale and John and Drew, if I’ve forgotten or left you out, holler at me and I’ll work you in!)

No comments: