Monday, February 25, 2013

SPRING FORWARD


Maybe you are like me and when you hear the words spring forward you go ugh. Maybe you even start taking a few naps knowing that you're going to lose an hour sleep. Or maybe you live in denial hoping at the last second they'll change their mind and decide to fall back again.

Well, yes in just two Saturdays we will have to move the clock forward one hour.

And although there are other advantages to this, the main one I think about is that turkey season is just around the corner. However, instead of thinking negatively,  I want to challenge us to remove that ugh response and think about something different when we hear the term spring forward.

Now, in my simple mind, spring turkey season is equivalent to what I want you to think about however I don't want you to think about turkeys when you  hear the term spring forward. When we hear the term spring forward I want you and I to think about the new heaven and new earth, That our heavenly father has promised He is preparing for us.

And to answer all the hunter’s questions out there, though I don't really know If there will be a Spring turkey hunting in the new heaven and the new earth, I think we won't care.

So from now on whenever you hear spring forward what you really should be thinking about is the coming of the kingdom In its entirety!  God's redemption plan completed fully for all eternity! We're not supposed to dwell on it but I think it does us good every once in a while to remember and meditate upon it. What better day, than the day we lose an hour springing forward is there to stop and think about that moment when we will see the new heaven and the new earth?

Time will no longer be an issue for those of us in Christ! We will dwell with God eternally!

So as you wrestle with moving your clocks forward from 2am to 3 am, pause for just a moment, and think about the glory of God, spring forward if you will, for just a moment, revel in His promises! I think you might be overcome with such gladness and joy and gratefulness that maybe just maybe you will lose some of the edge you had about losing an hour of sleep! Sweet dreams! And don’t forget to Spring forward.

No comments: