Monday, January 28, 2013

You Can Forget A Lot of Things, but REMEMBER THIS!


If you are like me, you can forget a lot of things. I have a terrible, “REMEMBERY”, or memory. I’m all the time forgetting to go visit people, or call people that are sick or have had surgery or on and on I could go. I’m terrible at sending birthday cards and anniversary cards too!

I’m not proud of that fact, but I’m not going to lie about it or make excuses for it either.

Other things I forget are how important it is to be patient and follow directions. I do not like reading directions. It drives me “BATTY”! Actually I’ve learned I do much better if someone else reads the directions and tells me what to do. Plus, this gets the job done faster and with less stress, I don’t have to stop working to look at the next step, my reader can just keep on keeping on and I can stay focused on putting together whatever it is I need to do.

As long as I’m confessing I’ll be honest, I don’t remember to read my Bible every day. This is truly appalling to me since I am in the ministry and I have plenty of Bibles around me, you would think this would be a no brainer! But I admit there are days when my Bible remains closed. I hate those days! Actually, one of my greatest goals is to not let that happen anymore, but I’m sure I’ll forget one day between here and my last day.

Then there is the grocery store, which I usually do pretty good at not forgetting things, however, it is getting to the point that if it is not on the list, I forget it! I hate it when I go to the grocery store with two or three items in my head that I just HAVE TO HAVE, and then I get there and run into someone I know, start talking, then I get hungry and start thinking about other items that would be good to get and then before you know it I’m halfway home and I forgot to get one of the two or three original items! ARGHH!

Of Course, I can’t forget the children, well I shouldn’t forget the children but there are a lot of days I do that too! I’ll be working and all of sudden I look up and I’m 10 minutes late for picking them up from school. YIKES! I mean seriously who forgets to pick up their kids? Answer, ME!

Well, you have seen that I forget a whole lot of things, maybe you feel better about your memory now, I hope so! Either way, I really hope that you don’t ever forget this. You and I can laugh and cry and encourage each other to work on and improve on our memory skills, or just be there for one another when we realize somebody else isn’t as good of a “REMEMBERER” as us. But there is one thing we must all, always remember, our Heavenly Father is absolutely, positively, madly in love with us, He wants us to know that He loves us. He wants you to know, that even when you are forgetful, unfaithful, and just down right lost, He isn’t! He remembers you, He wants a relationship with you and He knows right where you are and exactly what you need. He is wild about you, He loves you, even when you can’t remember.

No comments: